Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated in the north eastern region of the Pilanesberg National Park, the closest point of entry is through Bakgatla Gate. Nestled in the basin of an ancient amphitheatre divided by riverine woodlands and elephant trails lies an exclusive lodge development site. The central facility includes a stunning feature pool, bar, conference room, dinning room, boma, reception and curio shop.
- Outdoor Activities
|Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
to 30 Apr 2018
to 30 Nov 2018
|Standard Single||5 370.00||4 505.00||5 370.00|
|Standard Double per person||3 585.00||3 005.00||3 585.00|
|Luxury Suite per 2 adult||9 770.00||8 145.00||9 770.00|
|Family Suite per room||10 750.00||9 015.00||10 750.00|
|Executive Suite per room||14 855.00||12 380.00||14 855.00|
|Child under 12yrs sharing | Standard Room||on Request||on Request||on Request|
|Child under 12yrs sharing | Executive Room||on Request||on Request||on Request|
|Private Villa||34 770.00||34 770.00||34 770.00|
|Special Domestic Rates|
|Description||11 Jan 2018 to 30 Mar 2018|
|SA Resident Rate pppn||2 875.00|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay pppn||2 620.00|
& Domestic Rates
- Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
- Rate excludes conservation levy of R100 per person per stay
- Rates are subject to availability.
- Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate.
- Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 are charged as adults.
These special rates are applicable to SA residents only.
|11 Jan 2018 to 31 Mar 2018||Per Person sharing|
|SA Resident Rate||2 875.00|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay||2 620.00|
all meals and 2 game drives daily
Rate excludes conservation levy of R100 per person per stay
Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate
Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 are charged as adults
This special is only available on or standard rooms which sleeps 2 adults only.
Incorporating every conceivable luxury, the Executive Suite features a comfortable king-size bed with luxurious linens and splashes of colour throughout. Bask in the glorious African sun and relax in the private plunge pool located on your exclusive private patio. The suite also has a Nespresso machine and flat screen television with limited DSTV channels.
Each Luxury Suite is tastefully decorated with a range of amenities for guests’ comfort and enjoyment. Décor is typically African in flavour and all suites have a king-size 4-poster bed as well as an en suite bathroom. Each of the suites feature a comfortable outdoor sitting area with 3 out of the 4 suites offering a personal, relaxing plunge pool. The suites have a lounge area with a flat screen TV (selected DSTV channels), and a fireplace for those chilly bushveld evenings.
Each room is tastefully decorated with African décor and a range of amenities for guests’ comfort and enjoyment. The room, which can accommodate two adults in 2 single beds or a king-size bed configuration, offers en-suite bathroom facilities and for the more adventurous guest, an outdoor shower under the African sun. Each of the standard rooms also features a relaxing outdoor sitting area.
- Air Conditioners which provide heating and cooling
- Tea- and Coffee-making Facilities
- Selected DSTV Channels
- En-suite Bathroom
- Covered Patio
- Mini Bar Fridge
- Fire Place
- Private Plunge Pool
The park exists within the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and wetter Lowveld regions, commonly referred to as “Bushveld”. Unlike any other large park, unique overlaps of mammals, birds and vegetation occur within this transition zone. Springbok, brown hyena, the red eyed bulbul, and camel thorn trees, usually found in arid areas, cohabit with moist-area-limited impala, black-eyed bulbul and Cape chestnut trees.
The crater of a long extinct volcano is the setting of Pilanesberg Game Reserve – a fascinating alkaline complex produced by volcanic eruptions some 1300 million years ago.
Pilanesberg Game Reserve is one of the largest volcanic complexes of its kind in the world. Its rare rock types and structure make it a unique geological feature. The area is fringed by three concentric ridges or rings of hills – the formation rises from the surrounding plains like a bubble. The structure of the park is termed the “Pilanesberg Game Reserve Alkaline Ring Complex”. Ancient, even by geological time scales, this extinct volcano is the most perfect example of an alkaline ring complex. A number of rare (but not necessarily economically important) minerals occur in the park.
The Pilanesberg National Park rates high amongst the world’s outstanding geological phenomena. Pilanesberg Game Reserve has survived ages of erosion and stands high above the surrounding bushveld plains.
Accomodation, all meals, teas & snacks and two daily safari activities.
Conservation levy of R100.00 per guest per stay, all drinks and items of a personal nature.
It is important to note that whilst children are welcome at Ivory Tree, we regret that children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives and children between the age of 6 and 12 years of age are permitted on game drives at the discretion of the guide.
- Conservation Levy of R 15.00 per guest will be added to the extras account and must be settled before leaving the lodge
- Ivory Tree gate fee of R 40.00 will apply per guest per stay upon booking
- Please note that guests will be required to sign an indemnity form on arrival
- Children will be permitted on game drives and walks at the sole discretion of the ranger
- Transfers are available between the airport, Sun City and the lodge
- Closest Airport: Pilanesberg Airport is approximately 25 minutes from the Lodge
Payment | Cancellation
- 20% deposit will be required to confirm a booking with full payment due 7 days prior to arrival
- Bookings cancelled 45 days prior to arrival will forfeit their deposit
- Bookings cancelled 30 days prior to arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee
- Bookings cancelled 14 days prior to arrival will incur a 100% cancellation fee
Executive Suites: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12
Subject to availability of suitable accommodation and maximum 2 children sharing a bedroom with 2 adults:
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age
- Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults, meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age
- Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults
- Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older
- Occupy their own room and pay full adult rate
Third Person Sharing :Not applicable
Where a child shares with 1 adult the adult sharing rate applies.
At Game Lodges, children under the age of 12 years will be accommodated on special children's game drives. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of the lodge manager.
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives.
Sole use vehicle is available to facilitate families at an additional cost of R 4200 per vehicle per game drive
Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated in the North West Province and is in a malaria free area close to Sun City and is approximately 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg.
- Located Next to Bakgatla Gate
- Check-in: 02:00 P.M.; Check-out: 11:00 A.M.
- Wi-Fi Internet is available
- 2 game drives in big 5 game reserve
- Wide Range of Activities
We offer a wide variety of fun-filled leisure activities for couples, families or groups. A list of activities can be found here:
Archery is one of the ancient activities that we offer using modern equipment including modern re-curve bows. The guide will brief you on how to use the equipment safely and share a story about the San hunters. Enjoy the opportunity to learn the technique of this challenging art form.
Experience the satisfaction of shooting at a very small target using pellets. The guide will take you through a proper safety instruction on how to use the equipment.
Drumming is a part of African culture that has been used for centuries as a form of expression and was also one of the ways in which communities communicated with each other. Come and feel the vibrations from head to toe. We need a minimum of five people for this experience and have the capacity to accommodate up to 120 people.