A new dawn, a new wonder, a new adventure.
Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge is a lodge concession awarded by the North West Parks and Tourism Board within the existing Pilanesberg Game Reserve. The entire lodge lies in an exclusive use zone in the south-western portion of the 57,250ha, "Big 5" and malaria free Reserve.
Guests will enjoy both private traversing and access to all the Reserve’s public roads. The lodge offers commanding views of the distant bushveld amphitheatre and is superbly positioned adjacent to the Wilderness Area, thus offering the opportunity of walking trails in this untouched environment.
Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge will offer you far more than just memorable vacations. It is destined to become one of the premier lodges in Southern Africa. The lodge provides tremendous wildlife experiences in a vast wilderness, and yet still offers easy access (only 18km or 15mins by road) to the world’s most unique resort, the internationally acclaimed Sun City.
|Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
to 30 Apr 2018
to 30 Sep 2018
to 30 Nov 2018
|Standard Room Single||6 660.00||5 755.0||6 660.00|
|Standard Room Double||8 880.00||7 665.00||8 880.00|
|Family Suite (Room Rate)||23 515.00||21 105.00||23 515.00|
|Executive Suite (Room Rate)||9 655.00||9 655.00||9 655.00|
|Villa (Maximum 4 Adults)||21 730.00||21 730.00||21 730.00|
|Description||11 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018|
|SA Resident Rate pppns Standard Suite||3 425.00|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay pppns Standard Suite||3 0705.00|
|SA Resident Rate Family Suite (Unit Rate)||18 920.00|
|Minimum 3 Night StayFamily Suite (Unit Rate)||18 445.00|
- Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
- Rate excludes conservation levy of R100 per person per stay
- Rates are subject to availability.
- Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate.
- Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 are charged as adults.
- The above Conservation Levies are subject to change
- Family Suite: Can accommodate 4 adults and 2 children under 12 years old
Special Domestic Rates
These special rates are applicable to SA residents only.
|11 Jan 2018 to 31 Mar 2018||Rates|
|SA Resident Rate - Standard Suite||3 425.00|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay - Standard Suite||3 070.00|
|SA Resident Rate - Family Suite (Unit Rate)||18 920.00|
|Minimum 3 Night Stay - Family Suite (Unit Rate)||18 445.00|
Rate includes all meals and 2 game drives daily
Rate excludes conservation levy of R100 per person per stay
Single rate is a 50% supplement of the sharing rate
Children between the ages 6 – 12 years will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. Children over 12 are charged as adults
This special is only available on or standard rooms which sleeps 2 adults only.
Family Suite: Can accommodate 4 adults and 2 children under 12 years old
Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge’s facilities and services ensure leisure and convenience for our adventure-seeking guests. After a busy day spent outdoors, you can get the relaxation you deserve at the award-winning Amani Spa, which offers holistic body, skin, and beauty rituals. Get a soothing massage while enjoying the view of the lodge’s bushveld amphitheatre.
Other facilities and services that guests can enjoy are:
- Babysitting or childcare (with surcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Children’s pool
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference centre
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free self parking
- Meeting room
- Outdoor pool
- Pool sun loungers
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wi-Fi (with surcharge)
SHEPHERD'S TREE GAME LODGE - LOCATION
Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge is located in the North West province, approximately 2.5 hours drive from Johannesburg. Situated in a private concession within the Pilanesberg National Park, our malaria-free property is host to a wide variety of mammals and bird species found in the Big 5.
The property is close to the following tourist spots:
- Ukutula Lion Park
- The Gary Player Golf Course
- Sun City
Third Person Sharing: Third person is charged the adult sharing rate at the applicable property that can accommodate a third person sharing unless stated otherwise.
Game Lodges Policy:
- Children: 0 - 5 years of age Stay free of charge only when sharing with two full paying adults, meals charged on consumption
- Children: 6 - 11 years of age Pay 50% of the adult sharing rate when sharing with two full paying adults Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room
- Children: 12 years & older Occupy their own room and pay full adult rate
- Where a child shares with 1 adult the adult sharing rate applies.
- At Game Lodges, children under the age of 12 years will be accommodated on special children's game drives. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of the lodge manager.
Children under the age of 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the manager or guide.
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game drives.
Sole use vehicle is available to facilitate families at an additional cost of R4200 per vehicle per game drive
Terms and Conditions
Rates are inclusive of All meals, teas & snacks and two daily safari activities Incl. TOMSA 1%
Rates excludes all drinks, curio purchases, laundry and items of a personal nature and Conservation Levy R100
• A 20%, non refundable, deposit will be required to confirm a booking with full payment due 30 days prior to arrival.
• Bookings cancelled 45 days prior to arrival will forfeit their deposit.
• Bookings cancelled 30 days prior to arrival will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
• Bookings cancelled 14 days prior to arrival will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
• Children will be permitted on game drives and walks at the sole discretion of the ranger.
The Standard room features an en-suite bathroom with a patio overlooking the magnificent Pilanesberg GameReserve. The Standard rooms, which comprise a main bedroom with outdoor shower, can be combined to create a family room option, which in turn comprises twosleeper couches, a covered patio as well as a flat screen television with limited DSTV channels. Please note that there is no television in a standard room and is only available when booking a family unit.