Morokolo Game Lodge is situated on the northern slopes of the Pilanesberg mountains in the Black Rhino Game Reserve, recently incorporated into the Pilanesberg National Park and boasts one the richest varieties of African wildlife, predators, fauna & flora in Africa.
The 'Big Five' and scores of wildlife roam free around Morokolo Game Lodge, a private luxury game lodge, just 2½ hrs drive from Johannesburg.
With eight luxury double suites split over 2 camps. Each camp then has the identical set up, so each has an entertainment area and its own game viewing vehicle. Morokolo Game Lodge is the ideal wildlife safari getaway destination for couples, families and small corporate or tourist groups throughout the year.
Morokolo Game Lodge is equipped with its own top-of the range 10-seater open private game driving vehicle with private game-ranger offering you full access to the Pilanesberg National Park.
After premium game viewing under the warm African sun, plunge into the crystal clear swimming pool and relax reclined in luxury as the sun sets and the cool evening air flows over the Pilanesberg Mountains. Enjoy the quality cuisine from our Reserve Restaurant (5 min drive from your lodging; all included in your daily DBB rates) or a traditional African barbeque (braai) on request at Morokolo Game Lodge.
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Description||1 Apr 2018 to 30 Sept 2019|
|Double & family rooms: Mondays to Sundays - Per person sharing per night||
|Double & family rooms: Mondays to Sundays - Single per night||R4 090|
MOROKOLO MIDWEEK SPECIAL OFFER
Morokolo Game Lodge provides everything you need to relax after action packed safari's. A swimming pool with recliner chairs is ideal for lazy afternoons. The communal area has barbecue (braai) facilities for social meals around the fire. The restaurant is situated close to from the lodge boasting excellent cuisine.
The main lodge building with its lounge area comes fully fitted with HD TV, DSTV, DVD player, a bar and pool table for your entertainment.
Morokolo Lodge facilities include:
- Swimming pool
- HD TV and DSTV
- Braai/barbecue facilities
- Pool table
- Board games
Conference Facilities at Morokolo Game Lodge
The main lodge is laid out as an open-plan area with boardroom conference table that seats up to 12 delegates.
A data projector is available as part of the conference package, as well as tea and coffee, snacks, writing equipment and flipchart. Book for 8 adults sharing in order to secure exclusive use of the conference area.
- Head towards Sun City on the R556 and pass by the entrance to Sun City on the right.
- Continue for 5.11 km to the T-junction and turn right onto the R565 (Swartruggens).
- Continue on this road for approximately 27 km through a small village (beware of potholes) until you arrive at the Black Rhino Game Reserve entrance on the right.
- Sign in at the gate and either drive on directly to the lodge or request that we collect you from the gate if you do not want to drive your car on the dirt roads.
- A standard clearance sedan should be able to reach Morokolo Game Lodge (No 19 Black Rhino Reserve) without difficulty.
- From the Black Rhino Game Reserve gate, drive for 2,9 km along the road until you meet an intersection, continue straight for 500m till you see our lodge on the right; No 19 Black Rhino Reserve.
Double & family rooms: Full Board
Children up to and including 12 yrs pay 50% of rate; infants under 2 yrs stay free
- Dinner, bed and breakfast at the reserve restaurant.
- Afternoon tea around the pool before afternoon game drive.
- 2 professionally guided game drives daily and complimentary bottled water.
- Tea/ coffees in the lodge, in the rooms and on morning game drive.
- Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, DSTV, pool table & bar.
- WIFI 200MB per person per night.
- Airport transfers (which can be arranged on request)
- Daily conservation levy.
- All other beverages are charged for separately.
- Baby sitting service charged for separately.
- Refunds for cancellation of game drives due to inclement weather.
- Lunch (can be arranged on prior request)
The rules governing game drives do not permit children under 6 on the game drives for their own safety. If you would like we can arrange a baby sitter to look after them at an hourly rate, and then in the morning after breakfast we take them out on their very own game drive for about 30 minutes to see what we can see at a safe distance. Children between 6 and 12 years are permitted to join the adult game drives at the ranger's discretion.
- A deposit of 50% of the value of the accommodation is required as confirmation for an individual reservation.
- A second payment of 50% of the value of the accommodation is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Full prepayment will be due within 48 hours for reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- 100% of bookings fee for cancellations made less than 14 days prior to stay.
- 50% of booking fee for cancellations made less than 21 days prior to stay.
- Refunds where agreed are subject to a 10% administration fee.
Children under 12 yrs pay 50% of the adult rate, infants under
2 yrs stay free.
The well-appointed stone and thatch double suite consists of a spacious bedroom with king-sized bed, lounge area with tea and coffee facilities and fully-stocked minibar. The luxurious en-suite bathroom has a shower and large stone bath. Most of the suites have a large open outside shower under the African Sky. Baby cots are available on request. Some of these suites can be set up as two single beds if preferred.
The spacious and comfortable stone and thatch family suite consists of an open-plan bedroom and seating area with loft. With a king-sized bed in the bedroom and 2 single beds in the loft this is ideal for a family with two children under the age of 12 years old. The modern en-suite bathroom has a shower, bath and double basin. In the seating area is a fully-stocked mini bar with tea and coffee facilities. Most of the suites have a large open outside shower under the African Sky. Baby cots are available on request.